Approach life gently. Treat life kindly. Live life fully and with enthusiasm.
Respect life--always.


Sunday, October 9, 2011

RV COOKING 101: Chicken Soup with Dumplings


My stomach has not been too keen on all the spicy and acidic foods we have been eating lately. Tomato soup with pepper jack cheese. Homemade chili beans, which I made a little too spicy for my taste. Lazy man’s chile rellenos. And salsa, salsa, salsa on everything else. I was on a hot kick, and now I am paying for it. Chicken soup is just the remedy the doctor ordered.

CHICKEN SOUP WITH DUMPLINGS

Boil half a chicken with a generous amount of chopped carrots, celery, onions, and garlic. Add salt, pepper, and thyme to taste. When the chicken starts to fall off the bones, add some whole kernel corn and beans (frozen or canned). Mix up some Bisquick dumplings according to the directions on the box, except you can substitute sour cream for part of the milk. I used gluten-free Bisquick. Simmer with the lid on for at least half an hour, and then enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment