Approach life gently. Treat life kindly. Live life fully and with enthusiasm.
Respect life--always.


Tuesday, November 5, 2013

New Life From Old

DSC00249While we were in the mountainous region above Banning, which I spoke of in my last post, we came upon what remained after a recent wildfire. From a distance, the area looked, charred, desolate, devoid of anything good or life sustaining.

DSC00250

As we approached, I meditated on how life’s trials can leave us charred, alone, wasting away for want of that certain something that will renew our souls.

DSC00256

Then I walked among the burned relics, the charred bushes, the melted debris left behind earlier by litterbugs.

DSC00255

And this is what I found, life striving to survive despite all odds. The char was falling away to reveal glowing, vibrant branches beneath.

DSC00259

DSC00258

I was awestruck, speechless. The beauty I found in the midst of this destruction astounded and refreshed my soul.

Thank You, Lord, for all Your lessons and Your grace. Amen.

Love,

Jenni and Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment