Approach life gently. Treat life kindly. Live life fully and with enthusiasm.
Respect life--always.


Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day Tripping

IMG_1085The weather here in Southern California continues to be absolutely beautiful. I do not miss Portland’s dampness one bit, not when I can experience all this sunshine day after blessed day.

 

PB040444

PB040434The daytime temps are perfect, allowing us to still comfortably wear our T-shirts and shorts even this late in the year, and the nighttime temps are just chilly enough to warrant snuggling beneath the quilt I made for Ken out of his old T-shirts. In other words, it’s just how I like it.

PB040438On Wednesday, we decided to take advantage of the gloriously beautiful weather by driving to The Salton Sea. On our way, we passed through Palm  Springs, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Indio, Coachella, and finally Mecca, Desert Shores, and The Salton Sea. I think I named them all.

PB040442

PB040467It was one town right after the other, blending so well it was difficult to say exactly when we passed from one to the next, unless we happened to catch the welcome signs. Although the farther we drove, the poorer the cities became. Then, it was easy to tell where the rich left off and the working stiffs began. The first half dozen cities were so opulent that even the bus shelters looked like stucco gazebos, for lack of a better description.

IMG_1084

PB040450It was too rich for my blood, although Ken did catch me ducking into a Goodwill in Palm Springs. I just had to see what the rich had to offer. (Evidently not much because I left there empty handed!)

These are some of the pictures from the first part of our adventure. Mecca, Desert Shores, and The Salton Sea will have to wait for the next posts.

PB040420Along Highway 10 just outside of Banning, there’s a stretch of the desert that has been put to good use as a wind farm. I love seeing alternate energy sources being incorporated so well, as they are in So Cal. Some may call them ugly or even eyesores, but I find them beautiful in both their simplicity and purpose.

PB040421

PB040427

Peace,

Jenni and Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment