Approach life gently. Treat life kindly. Live life fully and with enthusiasm.
Respect life--always.


Monday, January 2, 2012

No Regrets

DSCF1462Okay, okay. So, I cannot stay away from making a list for the New Year. But this is a life list. It doesn’t expire until I do. Now, that’s a scary thought. I decided a long time ago to live my life without regrets. If I make a decision, one way or the other, I must live with it. No regrets, even if my decision means failure.

As Ken and I have been planning our fulltime RV travels of the United States, I have thought much about what I would like to do during our travels. Many of those things are now included in my bucket list, along with many of the things I have long desired to accomplish in my life. So, without any more preamble, on to the list:

  1. Attend the Kentucky Derby, wearing a big hat, white gloves, and fancy dress.
  2. Snorkel in the Gulf of Mexico.
  3. Race on the Salt Flats.
  4. Learn to skydive. (Okay this one is really Ken’s idea. He says for the big 80, we will do this.)DSCF1587
  5. Eat a soft shell blue crab sandwich.
  6. Attend Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
  7. Learn authentic basket weaving techniques from a Native American.
  8. Attend the game show, The Price Is Right.
  9. Go white water rafting.
  10. Lazily raft the Mississippi.
  11. Pick peaches in Georgia.
  12. Hot air balloon. (Another of Ken’s ideas. Notice, I don’t like heights.)98390023
  13. See Mount Rushmore.
  14. Go to Denali National Park.
  15. See a glacier. Maybe even walk on a glacier.
  16. Go to Grand Teton National Park.
  17. Write a novel—or three.
  18. Learn to play golf.
  19. Learn sign language.
  20. Relearn Spanish.
  21. Walk on fire.
  22. Helicopter over the Grand Canyon. (Ken again.)
  23. Hike part of the Appalachian Trail.
  24. Learn to play craps, and then play on a steamboat on the Mississippi.
  25. Restore a classic car.
  26. Participate in a marathon.
  27. Help build a Habitat for Humanity house.
  28. Take singing lessons and then sing on stage.
  29. Ride a mechanical bull.
  30. Spend the night in a haunted house. (Does it count that the house we currently live in is haunted?)
  31. Visit the Four Corners, where Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and Colorado all come together.
  32. See the fall colors in New Hampshire.
  33. Sell my photography, artwork, and crafted items.
  34. Reach over 100,000 hits on my blog.
  35. Have my own successful website to sell my wares.
  36. Get down to my ideal weight.
  37. Learn to accept criticism.
  38. Travel for 5 years.
  39. Buy a piece of property and build a cabin on a small hill.
  40. Be part of a disaster relief effort.
  41. Earn my masters.

What is on your bucket list? Well, get on with it. The clock is ticking.

76550009

No comments:

Post a Comment