Approach life gently. Treat life kindly. Live life fully and with enthusiasm.
Respect life--always.


Monday, August 27, 2012

I’m Getting Better!

Hey, maybe drawing and painting is like riding a bike, after all. I am improving by leaps and bounds after years away from my artwork.

But I will let you be the judge. Check out me using an actual quill to draw an owl in pen and ink!

I needed to slow myself down, and if you struggle with your art, I challenge you to try pen and ink because it really makes you think about every stroke, unlike charcoal, where I, for one, make broad, sweeping strokes and erase and smudge a lot.

Enjoy!

P8200152

IMG_0250

IMG_0246

Blue bird done in pen and ink and colored pencil.

P8260173

This Virgin Mary I am working on as a commissioned piece. It is in soft pastels. I may start again, this time using paints instead.

P8260175

This sailing ship was done in watercolors. The great thing about having a light box is that I can make one drawing, copy it, and do it several different ways, as below, which is done with colored pencils.

P8260176

Thank you for viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment