Approach life gently. Treat life kindly. Live life fully and with enthusiasm.
Respect life--always.


Monday, August 20, 2012

Creative Challenge

I occasionally stumble around the internet, browsing my various interests. Occasionally I find a great blog and stay awhile.

A few of the artistic bloggers mentioned that they had challenged themselves to 100 paintings in 100 days. I thought, “Ugh, I could never do that, not with my lack of discipline.” Plus there’s the fact that many days, I just don’t feel up to doing much at all because of my illness. Well, ugh be gone.

I have taken up just that challenge. I need to get my drawing and painting skills back up to par. Too many years have passed since I took my craft seriously.

Not everything comes back as easily as riding a bicycle, though, I wish it did.

I took up the challenge about a week ago, and I have actually painted or drawn at least two a day, but I will only share the best ones. Some are just awful, as with any artist as they hone their craft. Nobody’s perfect. These are just photos of my paintings, for now. I will scan in the best ones at a later date.

P8190137

This is one of the first ones, which I will be putting on children’s products over at Cafepress in my store. More on all that excitement later.

P8190138

This is another one from early in the week. I have decided that she will be redone as a mermaid.

P8190136

P8190135

“Dam!” This is another one that will end up on Cafepress, but I will probably redo it so that it is bolder.

P8190133

“Sunset Sail”

P8190131

P8190134

P8190126

“Cecelia in Hiding”

P8190125

“Angel Mine”

Some of the colors are not showing up as well as I would like, but you get the idea about how I am doing in my challenge.

Technology, the boon and the bane of our existence. Go figure.

The mediums I chose for this past week were oil pastels and watercolors, often using both on the same painting.

Thank you for looking. I appreciate my readers, one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment