Approach life gently. Treat life kindly. Live life fully and with enthusiasm.
Respect life--always.


Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Thank You, Marilyn

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

— Marilyn Monroe

DSC00821 

Thank you, Marilyn. You were often misunderstood and undoubtedly frustrated by the duality within yourself, for you were more than a sex symbol, as all the world chooses to remember. You were the talented and smart Norma Jeane long before you became sexy Marilyn, and you were far more complex than you were ever given credit for. Sadly, you left this earth far too young for reasons we may never fully comprehend.

I had my good cry. Forcing the tears with old movies helps. Though, poor Ken had to take the brunt of my insecurities before the dam burst. It is all good in my world for now, especially since I focused my energies on drawing Marilyn. Cool, huh? An original work of art! I so love to create and charcoal seems to be my favorite medium.

Darling, diamonds may be a girl’s best friend, but the true gems in my life are my best friends. Love you, you know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment