Approach life gently. Treat life kindly. Live life fully and with enthusiasm.
Respect life--always.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Oh, Happy Day

DSC00827Today was an absolutely gorgeous day. The sun was shining brightly and it worked wonders to lift my otherwise dismal mood. You see, I have been in a lot of pain again. I know, what else is new. But the day was so bright and cheery, who could resist being cheery herself? Not I.

Ken had a few errands to run this morning, and I decided not to go with him. So off he tootled to New Seasons Market and the Post Office without me. When he returned an hour and a half later, he said, “Get ready. We are going out. It is too nice a day to waste.”

Having already noticed the sun streaming through the windows, I said that I couldn’t agree more, but I needed five minutes to shower first. So off I scooted to the bathroom, singing, “Hit the road Jack” at the top of my lungs.

Just as I was stepping into the warm shower, there was a knock at the door. Oh, no. Ken was yelling for me. Oh, no again. He said it was for me. I said I was naked and drippy. He said it was only Chrissy. Well that is a fine how do you do, but I was still naked and drippy no matter who it was. I grabbed my towel and asked for something to put on, which I did not get. So wrapped in my towel, Chrissy gave me my first birthday present—and just in time, seeing as I was just getting into the shower—Oatmeal and Lavender soaps from Vermont Soap Organics. How wonderful! I just love oatmeal soap, and calming lavender is the icing on the cake. My shower was all the more enjoyable with my new body products, thanks to a good friend/neighbor and thin walls! (She evidently heard me singing as I was prepping the shower, thus her sudden and insistent appearance.)


After such a treat, what more could a girl want?

Well, a lovely day with my hubby, of course!

First, we headed up to Mount Tabor Park and we got some great shots of Mount Hood.

We also found the tennis courts. They called to me. I used to enjoy a rousing game of tennis, but I haven’t played in years. Maybe I will again, someday.


Then the plan was to head up to Hoyt Arboretum, near the Oregon Zoo. Unfortunately, we took a wrong turn and never made it to Hoyt Arboretum. Bummer. There will always be another opportunity, maybe even tomorrow, especially since tomorrow is suppose to be the warmest day of the year so far. I think God planned that special just for my birthday. I can always thank God for that blessing, anyway.

As we were heading home across the Morrison Bridge, I asked about making another stop. Ken was in such a great mood, and I love days when he is in a great mood, because I can ask and receive just about anything. Yes, I am THAT spoiled. Of course he obliged my request to stop at the Habitat for Humanity Restore store, and we had a great time browsing. We found several things we need for the RV and we only spent $7.75. I love thrift and reuse stores. I love doing my part to save this little planet of ours.

All in all, we had an awesome day. Enjoy the pictures, taken up at Mount Tabor Park.





Do you see the grub wriggling in his beak?

Mmmm lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment