Approach life gently. Treat life kindly. Live life fully and with enthusiasm.
Respect life--always.


Friday, March 16, 2012

Day Late, Dollar Short, Lucky In Love

DSC00864Well, we finally managed to go shopping, and it was only a few days late. Migraines. Can’t live with them. Simply can’t function with them, most days. Yesterday I was feeling a little better so we went gangbusters—New Seasons Market for a fabulously large corned beef for Saturday’s dinner (I adore corned beef and cabbage); Salvation Army for those replacement coffee mugs; Goodwill for sheets (near new set of luxury sheets, dirt cheap); the Post Office; and, and, and. It was a busy day.

And then today, my migraine came back. I broke one of those replacement mugs. Is it any wonder? My nimble fingers just aren’t what they used to be. But that’s okay, because when we were at Goodwill yesterday we saw some brand new work boots that would be perfect for Trevor, only I didn’t want to buy them without him trying them on. So back to Goodwill we ventured, with Trevor in tow. He got the boots and I picked up yet another mug.

Even though I managed to get out today, it was a rather brutal day. My migraine and body pain were off the charts. Still, I managed to wander around Winco to finish the grocery shopping, my two men in tow again, after going to Goodwill. Oh, my was it brutal.

A little pity cuddle goes a long way, and it is a good thing my hubby is an angel in that department. When I lay my head on his shoulder and he strokes my hair and whispers prayers and apologies for all my pain, I cannot help but relax and start to feel better. At that moment, I know I am the luckiest girl in the world.

As a side note, maybe my migraine was partially caused by too many Scrabble games recently.

DSC00856

Please, say it isn’t so.☺

DSC00855

No comments:

Post a Comment